- Not registered yet?
- To attend meetings, you need to register as a civil society organisation.
Ad hoc meeting - Trade and Human Rights New date and address
If you wish to register to this meeting please identify yourself with login and password.
- Date: 08/02/2012, 14:30 - 16:00 (registration closed)
- Location: Berlaymont building, room Robert Schuman, 200 rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels
The EU is committed to putting human rights and democracy at the heart of its external action, including in trade policy. The EU's trade policy is one of the most visible manifestations of the EU’s external action and its trade and human rights agenda needs to be coherent, transparent, predictable, feasible and effective. The challenge is to make trade work in a way that helps rather than hinders human rights concerns.
At the request of civil society, the European Commission is organising an information session in order to brief participants on the interlinkages between trade and human rights. The purpose of the meeting is to inform about the EU's current approach and is not intended to discuss individual country cases. If there are particular issues that you wish to see addressed at this session, please send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the lead participants are aware of your interests.
Ms Gosia Gorska, Policy Desk Officer, Division Human Rights - Policy Instruments and Bilateral Cooperation, European External Action Service
Ms Anya Oram, Human Rights Coordinator, Directorate-General for Trade
Ms Ramona Samson, Coordinator Relations with Civil Society, Directorate-General for Trade
1. The promotion of human rights in the EU's external relations by Ms Gorska
2. Presentation of the EU's current approach on trade and human rights by Ms Oram
Joint Communication to the European Parliament and the Council: Human Rights and Democracy at the heart of EU External Action - Towards a more Effective Approach.
Commission Staff Working Paper - Operational Guidance on taking account of fundamental rights in Commission Impact Assessments
Please note that DG TRADE has installed a new travel system. For further details click here.
- Background Paper, 06/02/2012
- Presentation on Trade and Human Rights, 07/02/2012
- Minutes_CSD meeting_Trade and Human Rights, 13/02/2012
- Ms Isabelle Adam, European Cocoa Association
- Mr Georgios Altintzis, International Trade Union Confederation
- Ms Anna Katharina Beyer, Wirtschaftskammer Österreich
- Mr Felix Brandenburg, ASSUC- European Association of Sugar Traders
- Mr Michael Brandstetter, Wirtschaftskammer Österreich
- Ms Paula Byrne, CAOBISCO
- Ms Penny Clarke, European Federation of Public Service Unions
- Ms Guenaelle Collet, European Broadcasting Union - Union Européenne de Radio-Télévision AISBL
- Ms. Caroline Davies, Confederation of British Industry
- Mr. Quentin de Roquefeuil, European Centre for Development Policy Management
- Ms. Gaëlle Dusépulcre, International Federation for Human Rights
- Ms Catherine Entzminger, European Cocoa Association
- Mr Hadelin Feront, IFAW Internationaler Tierschutz-Fonds gGmbH
- Ms. Muriel Guigue, International Cocoa Initiative
- Mr William Guyton, World Cocoa Foundation
- Mr Gustavo Hernandez, Latin American Association of Development Organizations
- Ms Tzonka Iotzova, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Ms Xenia Iwaszko, IFPI Representing recording industry worldwide
- Mr Ralph Kamphöner, EuroCommerce
- Mr Daniel Kern, Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau e.V.
- Mr. Thomas Lazzeri, Africa Europe Faith and Justice Network
- Mr Anton Leppik, International Trade Union Confederation
- Ms Franziska Lessmann, Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V.
- Ms Josephine Liebl, European Peacebuilding Liaison Office
- Mr Marc Maes, Koepel van de Vlaamse Noord-Zuidbeweging - 11.11.11
- Ms Shelby Matthews, European Farmers
- Mr Jürgen Noack, EuroCommerce
- Ms Marieke Poissonnier, Oxfam-Wereldwinkels vzw
- Mr Sebastien Porter, Africa Europe Faith and Justice Network
- Mr. Jean-Marie Rogue, International Federation for Human Rights
- Mr Joaquin Salido, European Branded Clothing Alliance
- Mr. Nikolai Soukup, Bundesarbeitskammer Österreich
- Mr Michael Trinker, European Non-Governmental Sports Organisation
- Mr Mag. Herbert Tumpel, Bundesarbeitskammer Österreich
- Ms Marta Vojtova, EUROCHAMBRES – Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Mr Ingo Wagner, Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V.
- Mr Robert Weisel, Verband der Chemischen Industrie e.V.
- Mrs Mélanie Yammine, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations