Public Consultation on a future trade policy
- Policy field: Trade policy
- Target group: Stakeholders
- Closing Date: Completed - 04/08/2010
Objective of the consultation
Following the 'Europe 2020' paper adopted by the European Commission on 3 March 2010, the European Commission is now launching a broad public consultation on the future direction of EU trade policy. The Commission's intention is to set out its policy during autumn 2010, explaining how trade policy can help achieve the objectives of the 'Europe 2020' Strategy. The purpose of this consultation is to gather views from relevant stakeholders regarding the rationale, scope and strategic objectives for a future EU trade policy. The consultation is open to all stakeholders within the EU and in third countries.
The Commission services prepared a report on the Consultation which you can download below. A list of Contributors to the Public Consultation which have agreed to make their contribution publicly available is also published. To read the complete individual contribution, please click on the name of the contributor in one of the two lists below.
Closed 4 August 2010
- View the consultation's issues paper and questionnaire
- The public consultation on the future EU trade policy – final report
- View the full list of contributors to the questionnaire who agreed for their reply to be made public. Please note that the individual contributions can be accessed in this document for the replies available in PDF.
- The other contributions, received through the online questionnaire, can be viewed here.