United States Brussels, 19/01/2015
Stakeholders event of the 8th Round Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) Negotiations
On Wednesday 4th February 2015, during the eight round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from 2nd to 6th February 2015, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
From 11:00 to 13:30, stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders.
In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in four rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to manufacturing including horizontal regulatory coherence, technical barriers to trade (TBT), specific sectors, energy and raw materials
- Issues related to agriculture including agricultural market access, related regulatory issues and Geographical Indications
- Issues related to services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
Note: presentations may be allocated in a different room than initially planned depending on the demand and timing available. A final schedule will be provided to participants after confirmation of their registration and published in DG Trade website.
The registered organisations
2. Chief negotiators’ briefing to stakeholders
From 15:00-16:30, stakeholders will be briefed in detail by the EU and US chief negotiators on the status of the negotiations and will have the opportunity to exchange views with them.
Date: Wednesday 4th February 2015
- 11:00 to 13:30: Stakeholder presentations event
- 15:00 to 16:30: Chief negotiators' briefing to stakeholders
Venue: Management Centre Europe, Rue de l’Aqueduc 118, 1050 Brussels
Registration: Please complete the on-line form (one form per participant)*
Who can attend these events?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers’ associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies, regional/local representatives and other stakeholders from either the European Union or the United States**.
Press is also invited to attend the stakeholder presentations event in the morning.
For further information
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership
Follow us on Twitter @EU_TTIP_team.
* Due to limited spaces, registration for this event is on a first come, first served basis. Attendance will be limited to 2 participants per organisation.
The registration deadline is Monday 26 January 2015 18:00 CET. We will be unable to accommodate any registrations received after this time.
Confirmation of registration: Soon after the close of registration, participants will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. Presenters will also receive detailed information on the schedule and suggested format for presentations.
Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants. Any change of name should be communicated to the following email address no later than 2nd February at 17:00 CET.
** Representatives of EU Member States and the European Parliament are not eligible to attend, as they are kept informed about the negotiations via existing institutional arrangements in accordance with Article 218 of the Treaties.