Events Brussels, 27 May 2015
TTIP and Health-Meet the team negotiating pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics in TTIP – Stakeholder meeting
On Wednesday 27 May 2015, the EU TTIP negotiating team for the pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics chapters will meet a broad range of EU civil society organisations. Together they will have an in-depth discussion on issues related to TTIP and health. Stakeholders are invited to ask questions on the regulatory aspects of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics but also on other aspects of relevance for the health sector such as services, Intellectual Property Rights and procurement.
• EU position papers on pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and medical devices in TTIP are available on our website
• An EU position paper on Intellectual Property Rights and a fact sheet on TTIP and public services such as health services is also available on the website
Minutes of the meeting (published on 17 July 2015)
Have your say
If you are a stakeholder and you want to explain your views in writing, we want to hear from you. Send us your contributions – it would be a position paper for example - to email@example.com by Friday 22 May 2015. We will then publish it on the meeting’s webpage before the meeting.
Health Action International Europe:
- Civil society response to big pharma wish-list
- Inclusion of ISDS in TTIP and the risks to public health
Association of the European Self-Medication Industry:
European Public Health Alliance:
- Public health concerns on food and agriculture in TTIP
- Public health concerns on health systems
- Public health concerns on ISDS
- Public health concerns on pharmaceuticals
- Public health concerns on regulatory cooperation
- Public health concerns on TBT in TTIP
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations:
European Consumer Organisation:
European Federation of Precision Mechanical and Optical Industries:
Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue:
Plasma Protein Therapeutics Association (PPTA):
International Federation of Medical Students' Associations (IFMSA):
Comité Permanent des Médecins Européens (CPME):
• Venue: Jenkins room, Charlemagne Building, 170 Rue de la Loi, 1049 Brussels
• Date: Wednesday 27 May 2015
• Time: 10:00 – 12:00 CET
Mr Fernando Perreau de Pinninck, Head of the unit covering Tariff and Non-tariff Negotiations, Rules of Origin and Acting Director for WTO, Legal Affairs and Trade in Goods, Europeam Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Ms Ivone Kaizeler, Negotiator in the Unit for Tariff and Non-tariff Negotiations, European Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Mr Sebastien Goux - Policy officer in the unit covering medicinal products – authorisations, European Medicines Agency, European Commission, Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety
Mr Roman Mokry - Policy officer in the unit covering health technology and cosmetics, European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industries, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Mr Thomas Heynisch - Deputy Head of Unit in the unit covering food and healthcare Industries, biotechnology European Commission, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industries, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Mr Marco Dueerkop - Deputy Head of Unit in the unit covering services, Europeam Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Mr Pedro Velasco Martins - Deputy Head of Unit in the unit covering Intellectual Property Rights, Europeam Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Ms Elina Laurinen – Policy officer in the unit covering Intellectual Property and Public Procurement, Europeam Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Mr Lutz Guellner - Head of Unit for Information, Communication and Civil Society, Europeam Commission, Directorate-General for Trade
Who can attend?
You are welcome to join us if you represent a Europe-based:
• Non-governmental organisation
• Consumers’ association
• Trade union or labour rights group
• Professional organisation
• Industry or business association
• Other civil society organisation
Press are also welcome to attend.
The event will be webstreamed live.
To register, please complete the on line form by 22 May 2015 23:00.
We would be grateful if you could arrive on the day by 9:40 at the latest, to allow time for you to receive your name badge and make your way to the meeting room. Please bring with you your confirmation e-mail and your ID card.