United States Brussels, 29 June 2016
14th Round Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Negotiations - Stakeholder events
On Wednesday 13 July 2016, during the 14th round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from 11 to 15 July 2016, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
Registration is closed.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
Stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders. In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in three rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to industrial goods including regulatory cooperation, technical barriers to trade (TBT), and specific sectors
- Issues related to market access: agriculture products and processed foods (including Geographical Indications), services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), intellectual property rights, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), energy and raw materials
Note: presentations may be allocated in a different room than initially planned depending on the demand and timing available. The confirmation of registration and a schedule of presentations will be provided to participants by 11 july 2016.
2. Chief negotiators’ briefing to stakeholders
Stakeholders will be briefed in detail by the EU and US chief negotiators on the status of the negotiations and will have the opportunity to exchange views with them.
Date: Wednesday 13 July 2016
Time and venue: participants will be informed of the details when their formal registration has been confirmed.
Who can attend these events?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers’ associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies, regional/local representatives and other stakeholders from either the European Union or the United States*.
Press is invited to attend the stakeholder presentations event only.
Due to limited spaces, registration for this event is on a first come, first served basis. Attendance will be limited to 2 participants per organisation.
Confirmation of registration: Soon after the close of registration, participants will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. Presenters will also receive detailed information on the schedule and suggested format for presentations.
Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants without exception. You will be required to show your ID or passport at the entrance of the venue. Any change of name should therefore be communicated to the following email address no later than 11th July 18:00 CET: TRADE-TTIP-EVENTS@ec.europa.eu
For further information on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, visit our TTIP website or follow us on Twitter @EU_TTIP_team.
* Representatives of EU Member States and the European Parliament are not eligible to attend, as they are kept informed about the negotiations via existing institutional arrangements in accordance with Article 218 of the Treaties.