United States | Brussels, 20 may 2014
EU and US negotiators kick off a fifth round of talks on a new trade and investment pact (TTIP)
EU and US teams met yesterday, 19 May, in Virginia, USA, for the first day of a fifth round of week-long negotiations on a new trade and investment agreement, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
Negotiators began their work on Monday in several areas:
- regulatory coherence
- intellectual property rights
- labour and the environment
- certain sectoral regulatory areas.
Additional groups will begin work today, including:
- services and investment - without investment protection or investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)
- technical barriers to trade
- agricultural market access
- rules of origin.
Members of the press can direct requests during the round to our respective contacts in Washington D.C.:
You can also:
- follow the EU's negotiating team on Twitter
- download the EU's negotiating positions and other key documents online