Trade | Brussels, 20 September 2011
2011 Dual-use Exporter Conference
On 20 September 2011 the Commission will host the 2011 Dual-use Exporter Conference. The event will bring together representatives from the private sector, national authorities and the EU institutions in order to discuss recent EU-level developments in the dual-use export control field.
Key issues to be discussed
The conference will deal with a broad range of dual-use export control issues. The primary focus of the event will be on the new EU General Export Authorisations (EU GEAs) and on the Dual-use Export control Green Paper adopted by the Commission on 30 June 2011.
Agenda of the Meeting
- 10:00 - Opening of the 2011 Exporter Conference
- 10:10 - Opening speeches
- 10:20 - Recent developments in export control systems
- 11:00 - Coffee break
- 11:20 - New EU General Export Authorisations (EU GEAs)
- 12:20 - Revision of Annex I (control list) - Update on the state of play
- 12:30 - Lunch (own arrangements)
- 14:00 - Green Paper on dual-use export controls in the European Union
- 16:00 - Coffee break
- 16:30 - Closing session
- 17:00 - End of meeting
- Date: Tuesday, 20 September 2011
- Place: Albert Borschette Conference Centre in Brussels (rue Froissart 36, Brussels, Belgium)
- Time: 10:00 – 17:00
- Languages: the conference will be held in English with simultaneous interpretation provided into and from the following languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Travel/accommodations/lunch: participants are responsible for all their own travel, accommodation and lunch arrangements.
Registration will be open till 9 September 2011
New EU General Export Authorisations
- Commission proposal for new EU General Export Authorisations (COM(2008) 854 final)
- Information about the position of the European Parliament concerning the Commission's proposal
Green Paper - The dual-use export control system of the European Union: ensuring security and competitiveness in a changing world