The EU’s worldwide network of trade agreements cuts customs duties or removes them altogether.
To benefit from lower or zero duties, your product needs to comply with the rules of origin.
ROSA– the Rules of Origin Self-Assessment tool in Access2Markets – offers guidance in simple steps to determine the rules of origin for your products.
In January 2022 a beta version of the new Rules of Origin Self-Assessment tool (ROSA 2) was launched. It is now more user-friendly than ever to assess if your product can qualify for reduced tariffs under the EU’s Trade Agreements. Try it out today and please tell us what you think, your feedback will help us to make it even better. More info here.
The interactive guide covers your exports to or imports from*
Countries available in ROSA1 and ROSA2 (38)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Côte d’Ivoire
- El Salvador
- North Macedonia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Countries only available in ROSA2 (83)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Comoros Islands
- Congo (Democratic Republic of)
- Cook Islands
- Dominican Republic
- Guinea Bissau
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sao Tomé & Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
*Further countries to be added soon
The EU-Japan agreement and the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement are available in all EU languages.
ROSA is a one-stop-shop for rules of origin for your product under the EU trade agreements listed above.
ROSAis free and easy to use!
How does it work?
Go to My Trade Assistant and enter
- the product
- the country of export
- the country of import
- click on Rules of origin in the left side menu to get your result
ROSA gives you
- the rules of origin for your product under each agreement
- a step-by-step check-list to see if your product meets the criteria for preferential rules of origin treatment
- an explanation of rules of origin requirements and terms
- practical examples
- direct access to legal texts
- a tailored self-assessment report based on your answers that you can download or print
- an overview of rules of origin procedures
Work directly with your suppliers
You can use ROSA to notify your suppliers directly so they can
- check rules of origin
- correctly fill in the supplier’s declaration
Compare rules across several markets
Use ROSA to compare product-specific rules under different EU trade agreements.
ROSA is currently available in English but will continue to evolve, including more language versions and more EU trade agreements.