EU-San Marino Customs Union
Are you interested in importing products from San Marino? This section helps you understand the EU’s customs union with San Marino.
At a glance
The EU-San Marino agreement on cooperation and customs union (2002) has been in force since 1991.
- it eliminates all tariffs and non tariff measures for almost all goods
- it provides for the free circulation for all goods that are produced in the EU or San Marino, as well as for those that come from third countries, if the import formalities have been complied with and any customs duties or charges having equivalent effect which are payable have been levied, and there has been no total or partial drawback of such duties or charges in respect of the said products
Rules of origin
- San Marino applies, in the same manner as the Community, the Community provisions on the rules of origin in trade with countries enjoying tariff preferences.
Check the rules of origin that apply to your specific product in My Trade Assistant.
Technical rules and requirements
- learn about the technical requirements, rules and procedures that goods have to meet in order to be imported in the European Union
- search for the specific rules and regulations applicable to your product and its country of origin in My Trade Assistant. To view requirements for your product you will first have to identify its customs code. If you do not know the customs code, you can search for it with your product's name in the built-in search engine.
Health and safety requirements SPS
- learn about the health, safety, sanitary and phytosanitary standards that goods have to meet in order to be imported in the European Union.
- search for the health, safety and SPS rules applicable to your product and its country of origin in the My Trade Assistant. To view requirements for your product you will first have to identify its customs code. If you do not know the customs code, you can search for it with your product's name in the built-in search engine.
Custom clearance documents and procedures
- find out more about custom clearance documents and procedures needed to import into the European Union
Intellectual Property and Geographical Indications
- find out more about IP and GI legislation in the EU, as well as EU IPR policy in trade
Trade in Services
- find more information about the rules, regulations and facilities for trade in services
- find general information about public procurement legislation, rules and access on different markets
- find specific information on the EU market of public procurement
- find general information to enable your investment abroad
- find specific information if you are investing from abroad into the EU