Goods wholly obtained
This includes plants, minerals or live animals, among other products.
For these products it is understood that
- vegetables originate in a country if they were harvested there
- animals originate in a country if they were born and raised there
- minerals originate in a country if they were extracted there
In the case of fish products, the EU rules of origin make a distinction between
- fish captured within the territorial seas of a trade partner country - these are considered as originating without additional conditions
- fish captured beyond the territorial seas of the trade partner country - these are considered as originating only if it was captured by a vessel
- flying the flag of the EU and/or partner country
- registered in the EU or in the partner country
- owned by a national of the EU or the partner country or a company having its main place of business and at least 50% owned by EU and/or trade partner country nationals
- in some cases, it is also required that the 50% as a minimum of the crew are also nationals of the EU and or the trade partner country
For the complete see the Rules of origin annex on each preferential agreement.