In this section you can see all the trade barriers reported to DG TRADE, which affect EU exports to non-EU countries. The barriers are classified by the type of measures, and by the sectors affected by the measures. Whenever available, the barriers include the HS product codes.
List of trade barriers by sector
Frequently asked questions
- When the tariff refers to weight, is it gross weight or net weight?
- How can I find the import duty that applies to my product?
- If I want to sell my product in several EU countries, are there import duties to pay each time my product enters a different country?
- Can I get a list of products charged at 0% import duty?
- Are excise duties applied at EU or at national level?
- How is VAT charged in the EU?
- How can I get approval to export fish to the EU?
- Does food exported to the EU have to come from an EU-authorised establishment?
- Do I have to pay to use My Trade Assistant for Services and Investment?
- In which languages in My Trade Assistant for Services and Investment available?