Trade agreements put small countries on the mapRead more
Irish companies, like ABCON, enjoy greater visibility thanks to the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement.
Tea leaves Europe for new marketsRead more
Greek company, Anassa Organics benefits from EU’s trade agreements with Canada, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore to increase their sales of locally grown tea.
Less red tape, more time to innovateRead more
Read about Czech company, Workswell, and how they make 50% of their sales to non-EU countries, mainly under the EU trade agreements.
Polish baby milk producer gains access to Egyptian marketRead more
A new Egyptian law blocked imports of baby milk from Polish exporter, Geo-Poland.
Removing barriers: European drinks company gets proper protection for trademarked productsRead more
Market Access Partnership helped to remove a barrier in Kazakhstan, protecting key European geographical indications from imitations.
Removing barriers: Spanish tannery regains access to the Indian leather marketRead more
Market access issue in India: Mandatory veterinary certificates for leather imports
Removing barriers: Dutch veal regains access to the Chinese marketRead more
Market access issue: import ban on veal and beef products due to BSE.
Removing barriers: Brazil remains open for Greek canned peachesRead more
The EU managed to remove canned peaches from the list of products with high duties. This opens opportunities.
Removing barriers: Portuguese paper company regains access to Turkish market for uncoated wood-free paperRead more
Market access issue: Turkish surveillance measures and non-automatic import licensing for uncoated wood-free paper
Removing barriers: Italian cosmetics SME retains access to ChinaRead more
Market Access Partnership helped to remove a barrier in China helping cosmetic companies to continue their exports to China
In this section you will find a selection of stories and experiences from companies about the use of the information on this portal for their businesses.
Frequently asked questions
- When the tariff refers to weight, is it gross weight or net weight?
- How can I find the import duty that applies to my product?
- If I want to sell my product in several EU countries, are there import duties to pay each time my product enters a different country?
- Can I get a list of products charged at 0% import duty?
- Are excise duties applied at EU or at national level?
- How is VAT charged in the EU?
- Does food exported to the EU have to come from an EU-authorised establishment?
- How can I get approval to export fish to the EU?