Less red tape, more time to innovateRead more
Read about Czech company, Workswell, and how they make 50% of their sales to non-EU countries, mainly under the EU trade agreements.
Polish baby milk producer gains access to Egyptian marketRead more
A new Egyptian law blocked imports of baby milk from Polish exporter, Geo-Poland.
Removing barriers: European drinks company gets proper protection for trademarked productsRead more
Market Access Partnership helped to remove a barrier in Kazakhstan, protecting key European geographical indications from imitations.
Removing barriers: Spanish tannery regains access to the Indian leather marketRead more
Market access issue in India: Mandatory veterinary certificates for leather imports
Removing barriers: Dutch veal regains access to the Chinese marketRead more
Market access issue: import ban on veal and beef products due to BSE.
Removing barriers: Brazil remains open for Greek canned peachesRead more
The EU managed to remove canned peaches from the list of products with high duties. This opens opportunities.
Removing barriers: Portuguese paper company regains access to Turkish market for uncoated wood-free paperRead more
Market access issue: Turkish surveillance measures and non-automatic import licensing for uncoated wood-free paper
Removing barriers: Italian cosmetics SME retains access to ChinaRead more
Market Access Partnership helped to remove a barrier in China helping cosmetic companies to continue their exports to China
In this section you will find a selection of stories and experiences from companies about the use of the information on this portal for their businesses.
Frequently asked questions
- When the tariff refers to weight, is it gross weight or net weight?
- How can I find the import duty that applies to my product?
- If I want to sell my product in several EU countries, are there import duties to pay each time my product enters a different country?
- Can I get a list of products charged at 0% import duty?
- Are excise duties applied at EU or at national level?
- How is VAT charged in the EU?
- Does food exported to the EU have to come from an EU-authorised establishment?
- How can I get approval to export fish to the EU?