Rules of origin in Access2Markets
Rules of origin - why should you care?
Complying with rules of origin is your ticket to reduced tariff rates for your imports or exports.
Therefore, knowing and understanding these rules is essential.
We help you crack the code!
Already know the basics?
- , the rules of origin self-assessment tool guides you through the specific rules and origin procedures for your product and helps you assess its compliance. Go to My Trade Assistant to get detailed help - in interactive steps - on the specific rules applying. Enter your product code, country from and country to.
- Read more about the general rules and origin procedures under each trade agreement in the Markets section. Select the country you want to export to or import from and find the practical details you need.
Are you new to rules of origin?
- Want to see how it all works? Check the quick guide to working with rules of origin to help you kick-off.
- Need to understand the basic terminology and concepts? Our Glossary provides definitions of the key terms you need to know to understand the rules, such as Wholly obtained, Cumulation, Tolerance …..
- Find out about the general principles and the main types of provisions in trade agreements. The Goods section lays out the main concepts in more detail.