Tariff changes applicable from 01/01/2022
As of 1 January 2022, the following tariff changes will come into force:
Seventh Amendment to the Harmonized System
Changes in the Harmonized System include, for example, new sub-chapters adapted to new product streams, technological advances, and environmental and social issues such as:
- 2404 New tobacco and nicotine-based products
- 3827 Mixtures containing halogenated derivatives of methane, ethane or propane
- 8485 Machines for additive manufacturing
- 8524 Flat panel display modules
- 8549 Electrical and electronic waste and scrap
- 8806 Unmanned aircraft (drones)
- 8807 Parts of goods of heading 8801, 8802 or 8806
Combined Nomenclature and Common Customs Tariff
On 29 October, Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 2021/1832 amending Annex I to Council Regulation (EEC) No 2658/87 on the tariff and statistical nomenclature and on the Common Customs Tariff was published.
Exceptionally, Corrigendum to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/1832 published on 19 November has completely replaced Annex to this Regulation.
Given the extent of the changes to the HS that will be applicable in 2022, modifications of the Combined Nomenclature are also relevant.
For more information: